Chicago Style Italian Beef Sandwiches
- 1 3-5 lb. Chuck Roast, Rump Roast, Top or Bottom Round Roast
- 2 packages (.7 oz) of dry Good Seasons Zesty Italian Salad Dressing Mix
- 1 Tsp. Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Tsp. Dried Oregano, crushed
- 1 Tsp. Dried Basil, crushed
- 1 Tsp. Dried Parsley, crushed
- 1 Tsp. Onion Powder
- 1 Tsp. Garlic Powder
- 2 Cups Beef Broth – low sodium
- 1 Cup Beer or water
Place roast in slow cooker and sprinkle salad dressing mixture and spices over the meat.
Pour the broth and beer or water over the spices and dressing mixes. Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours. Shred meat with forks and place back in slow cooker in juices for another half hour or so for meat to soak up juices. Keep warm and serve. Serving suggestions below.
Serve shredded or thinly sliced beef on hoagie style buns or crusty rolls of choice.
* Can top Italian Beef with slices of Provolone or Mozzarella and place in 400 degree oven until cheese melts and bread crisps or place under broiler until cheese melts.
* Can top with sautéed peppers and onions and even mushrooms if you like.
* Set our mayonnaise, mustard, horseradish, roasted red peppers, crushed red pepper and pepperoncinis for guests to add to the Italian Beef Sandwiches Chicago Style.
* Can use extra juice as an “au jus” to serve with sandwiches.